How the fuck is this a guide? (A rant about ill researched and half-assed guides.)
This is my opinion. Don’t get your panties in a bunch if you get offended by what you read. It’s not going to affect the very fabric of your existence. Trust me.
I will never understand how people can just throw some words in a post and call it a guide. I’m not an expert on all topics and I don’t claim to be, but I don’t write guides on shit that I don’t know about or haven’t researched properly. There are guides for literally everything in the rpc community, but you know what? Half of those guides are bullshitted. I read this guide on how to portray an eating disorder and it started talking about “healthy ways to have an eating disorder”.
Excuse the fuck out of me?
I didn’t know there were ways that an eating disorder could be healthy, because there aren’t. There are reasons that eating disorders are called -well- eating disorders. There is something wrong with they way you put shit, or don’t, into your body. But you know, that’s another rant for another time.
I don’t understand how you think it’s okay to just throw anything down about topics that people deal with on a daily basis. Do your fucking research. No, I’m not fucking kidding. Sit down at your computer and put your topic into google and find information on the shit you are talking about before spewing nonsense that will probably piss everyone off. How hard is that? And if you think it’s hard, don’t write a fucking guide on it.
I once saw a guide on how to portray someone who isn’t the same race as you. At first I was like, “Okay, cool,” but then I actually read the shit and got pissed. “If you’re portraying someone who is black and you’re white, you’re going to have a tough time playing that character.” Excuse me? How the fuck is that accurate? Where the fuck is the research that proves that statement? I would have been a little cool if someone gave me some fucking research, but they didn’t.
Do. your. fucking. research. Don’t be an asshole and think topics such as mental disorders are so trivial that you think you know everything there is to know, because you don’t and that shit is offensive to the people actually dealing with it. I understand different perspective and shit but that doesn’t change cold. hard. facts. You get that?
And for the people who half ass their guides? Don’t. That shit is even more offensive. Don’t sit there and act like the topic so unimportant that you don’t need to take that shit seriously.
In other words, don’t. be. a. dick. when. it. comes. to guides.
Let that sink in.
Be a good rpc/h/w/abcd whatever and actually take some pride in what you do. PUT FORTH THE FUCKING EFFORT.
- thekingofrps likes this
- megofrp reblogged this from irant-rpc
- firebeatsroses-1x1 likes this
- larrystylnson likes this
- dougieroleplays reblogged this from irant-rpc
- witchqueen likes this
- a-helps reblogged this from irant-rpc
- theresxfourxaces likes this
- help-me-i-am-alive reblogged this from zoeyofrp
- rpcouture reblogged this from zoeyofrp
- zoeyofrp reblogged this from benedicthelps
- vigilantinsomniac likes this
- theyoungestholmes likes this
- avrehdoesthings likes this
- bravethingsx likes this
- rphelper reblogged this from irant-rpc
- benedicthelps reblogged this from irant-rpc
- serbians likes this
- thatfrenchhelper said: wow. The race one? Seriously? That’s just. Nope. (going to check my how to play a foreigner guide to check if I haven’t made any bullshit like this now) but wow. This is big.
- lindsayhelps reblogged this from irant-rpc
- irant-rpc posted this